Lately, I’ve posted some heavy topics and so after discussing this with several blogger friends, I decided that I needed to be completely silly and light-hearted in a post. So, here we go with 10 Random Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Me (And May Wish You Didn’t Know Now):
10. I’m almost thirty-four years old and I still sleep with the same stuffed dinosaur I’ve slept with since I was ten. It’s Littlefoot from the movie “The Land Before Time”—which I have never seen, but somebody gave me the dinosaur as a gift.
9. When I was 4 years old, I backed my naked rear end into the glass screen in front of our fireplace. It was the middle of the winter and my parents had taken me out of the bath, wrapped me in a towel, and sent me to warm up by the fire. I got a bit too ambitious.
8. I was an honor student until 11th grade, when I almost failed Math. In 12th grade, I did it again. When I went to college, I intentionally got my Bachelor of ARTS in English so that I wouldn’t have to take but one math class. Now, I work as a bookkeeper.
7. When I was 18, I was working as an usherette at a church event. I was on stage in front of a whole bunch of people and had my hands full when someone opened a door and the wind blew my skirt up over my face. The good news is that nobody could see how red my face was.
6. I was in one pageant while I was growing up. I made first runner up in my age group, but hated the experience so much (especially the losing part) that I never did it again.
5. I only have nine and a half fingers. The pinkie finger on my right hand was slammed in a door when I was almost 2 years old. It cut the tip off in two pieces. They were able to reattach my nail bed, but my finger’s itty bitty.
4. I have a large hole in my right knee-cap from a bike wreck when I was 14. A bunch of us had ridden our bikes to Lake Waccamaw together and when we were on the 6-mile ride home, a car came. In our haste to get off the road, we all headed for the same spot. We collided and I flipped a couple of times. I shredded one of my hands on the asphalt and hit my knee-cap so hard, it put a hole in it.
3. I am a classically-trained soprano who has sung with the NC Symphony Orchestra three times. I was twice nominated for Governor’s School in vocal music and I went to All State Choir when I was 17. I almost majored in vocal performance in college. But now, at the age of thirty-three, I’m terrified to sing alone in public. Outside of Happy Birthday and my vast repertoire of children’s songs, you’ll rarely, if ever, hear me sing in public.
2. The worst date I ever went on was a fix-up in college. Actually, it wasn’t as much a fix-up as that I was filling in for a friend. Long story. Anyway, the guy insisted on going to a restaurant with a two-hour wait. We spent the wait in the bar, where I sipped Sprite. He wasn’t drinking Sprite and by the end of dinner, he was so intoxicated that he dropped the credit card four times while trying to pay the bill. I had to make him let me drive us home. There was no second date.
1. My worst birthday was my twenty-second. I had gone to a great concert with friends and afterwards, we went to dinner. After we placed our order, I began to feel sick to my stomach, so I excused myself to the restroom. As I passed the bar (which was in the back of the restaurant) I became sick all over the floor. The patrons in the bar thought I was drunk and were cheering for me. I was mortified.
So, what’s something I don’t know about you? Tell me in the comment section. Also, if you have a question you’re dying to ask me, ask it.